Plan of Operation
<div class="menu-block" style="background-color: transparent;"> </div> <div class="menu-block green-1" onclick="location.href='/nciga/aboutnciga/missionstatement.aspx';">Mission Statement</div> <div class="menu-block green-2" onclick="location.href='/nciga/aboutnciga/guarantystatute.aspx';">Guaranty Statute</div> <div class="menu-block green-3" onclick="location.href='/nciga/aboutnciga/planofoperation.aspx';">Plan of Operation</div> <div class="menu-block green-4" onclick="location.href='/nciga/aboutnciga/annualreports.aspx';">Annual Reports</div> <div class="menu-block green-5" onclick="location.href='/operationsschedule.aspx';">Operations Schedule</div> <div class="menu-block blue-1" onclick="location.href='/careers.aspx';">Careers</div>
Assessments & Refunds
Frequently Asked Questions
For a PDF
version of the Frequently Asked Questions click
1. If my policy has been terminated as a result of my company's Order of Liquidation, will the guaranty association provide me a new policy?
2. Am I covered by a state property and casualty guaranty association if I purchased my policy from an unlicensed carrier or a managed care plan?
3. If my insurance company is insolvent, why isn't it in bankruptcy?
4. Will the guaranty association cover all claims that would have been covered under my policy?
5. What requirements have to be met in order for my claim to be covered by a guaranty association?
6. Do I need to file my claim with both the Liquidator and the guaranty fund?
7. How long will it take for the guaranty fund to pay my claim?
8. How can find out if my company was licensed in my state?
9. What happens if the amount of my claim is larger than the maximum amount paid by the guaranty association?
10. If my company is in liquidation, which state guaranty association should I contact with questions regarding my claim?
11. Can I file my claim with more than one guaranty fund?
12. Before my company went into liquidation, it was defending me in a lawsuit brought under my policy. What will happen now?
13. My company is in rehabilitation and my claim has not been paid. Will the guaranty fund pay my claim?
Assessments & Refunds
NC Department of Insurance
Regulatory Actions Division
North Carolina Industrial Commission
National Conference of Insurance Guaranty Funds
National Association of Insurance Commissioners
AM Best Company
International Assoc. of Ins. Receivers